LUKBAN TO CUSTOMS OFFICERS, FEBRUARY 7, 1899
[Original in Spanish. D. S. P. I. R . 1055.8.]
FEBRUARY 7, 1899.
INSTRUCTIONS TO THE CUSTOM OFFICERS.
1. A duty of five per cent ad valorem shall be collected on merchandise
imported or exported between provinces.
2. Fifteen per cent ad valorem shall be collected on merchandise
imported or exported directly from or to a foreign country.
3. Merchandise on which five per cent shall have been paid for one
province, shall be given a clearance classifying the kind and number
of commercial articles.
4. Fifty cents shall be charged vessels which carry merchandise
for the entry and clearance papers, that is to say, one peso for both
5. One third of the fees collected for ships' papers shall be devoted
to the payment of the expenses of the office of the collector of
customs, and the other two thirds shall be sent to the capital.
6. The funds collected by the collector of customs shall be turned
into the treasury of the town, and accounts current shall be kept.
KABALIAN, February 7, 1899.
(Signed) LUKBAN, General.
Stamp: Military Headquarters of Samar and Leyte.